This is the right program for you if you…
- hold or are about to receive a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science (or an equivalent degree) from a research-oriented institution of higher education
- have an outstanding academic ranking
- have excellent oral and written English language skills
Information needed for filling the application form:
Apart from your personal details, you should be prepared to give the following information when filling the application form:
- The names of your BSc and MSc awarding institutions
- Your BSc and MSc GPAs (in %)
- Two names and email addresses of professors, or similar, willing to give an academic reference for you. One of them should preferably be your thesis supervisor. Please note that only official institutional e-mail addresses will be accepted.
Documents to be uploaded:
- A resume/CV
- A statement of purpose: personal statement explaining your motivation and reasons for pursuing a PhD in computer science at IMPRS-TRUST and stating your preferred supervisor or research group
- A bachelor’s and/or master’s degree certificate (if already received)
- Academic transcripts from your bachelor’s and master’s courses of studies (if applicable)
- English test scores (TOEFL, IELTS or Cambridge Test) are optional, but strongly encouraged unless you are a native speaker
- GRE score (optional)
- If you have a specific research interest, you may optionally indicate faculty members you would like to work with in your application.
You need to submit a complete application before we can process it. (The website will display missing fields in red until your application is complete.) Note that even once you have completed your application, you can still update the application subsequently, e.g. to fill in additional information or add an additional reference.
We request references for those applicants that pass a first round of review, i.e. we do not request references automatically on application submission.
Applications are accepted throughout the year. We make decisions two times a year, based on applications received until:
- June 30
- December 31